We’re getting ready to host our first virtual CDVC. Check back for details.
As data gets bigger and more complex, uncovering insight gets harder.
The CDVC is a group of organizations that use Cambridge Intelligence’s innovative data visualization tools to make sense of this complex big data.
Membership covers all kinds of businesses and organizations, from technology startups to national governments. Some key challenges we’re tackling include:
- Monitoring and investigating criminal activity
- Uncovering unusual financial transactions
- Analyzing, managing and protecting physical infrastructure, like telecoms or IT networks
- Tracking the source and spread of cybersecurity threats
Why join us?
- Maximize your return on investment in connected data visualization technologies
- Share experiences and best practices with your data visualization peers
- Learn about the future of data visualization techniques and tools
- Meet the Cambridge Intelligence team and feed into our product roadmaps
We’re proud to welcome members from organizations including…
Past events & what to expect
Our meetings bring together data visualization practitioners and developers from around the world. They take place over two days.
Day 1 is a free developer training session.
This is usually in the format of an interactive hackathon task. The group splits into teams, each working to produce an interactive graph visualization application to solve a specific challenge.
Cambridge Intelligence developers are on-hand all day to discuss ideas, answer questions, make suggestions and explain different parts of the SDK. You’re also welcome to ask questions unrelated to the task, or schedule a side-meeting to go over a problem in more detail.
Day 2 is the CDVC meeting itself.
With a series of presentations and seminars, we explore the future of connected data visualization. At past CDVC meetings, we’ve covered topics including:
- Graph visualization UX design
- Visualizing time and geospatial graph data
- Eliminating clutter in graph visualization charts
- Graph layout design
These are interactive sessions. Everyone is encouraged to join in and share their thoughts.
Members can also lead lightning talks of their own, covering a specific data visualization topic or challenge, or sharing a demo of their own visualization tools with the group for feedback.
To give everyone a chance to join in the discussion, we keep group sizes small. Normally this means a maximum of ~20 developers at the training session, and ~30 practitioners at day 2.
Topics and themes
Our members push the boundaries of connected data visualization. We can pool expertise and experience to make advances in key areas:
Designing experiences to help users make visualization part of their daily routine.
- Design effective workflows
- Facilitate collaboration
- Get user uptake
- Encourage interactivity
How to make the right data available, to the right people, at the right time.
- Sources of graph data
- Data federation and enrichment
- Managing hairball data sets
- Reducing chart clutter
What will the next generation of connected data visualization applications look like?
- Share experience and best practice
- Explore the limitations of visualization
- Understand the state of data visualization
- Create a vision of the future
Frequently asked questions
- What is the CDVC?
The CDVC is a group of organizations that lead the way in connected data visualization. We work together to shape the future of connected data visualization and influence the next generation of tools.
- Why should I Join?
As a group, we explore ways to help you maximize your return on investment in connected data visualization technology. It’s an opportunity for you to share your expertise, and learn something new from your peers.
- Is CDVC free to join?
Yes. CDVC membership is free, but by invitation only. Mmembers are welcome to attend CDVC meetings and training sessions free of charge.
- Who co-ordinates CDVC?
- Is the event open to the public?
No, the CDVC is exclusively for organizations invited by Cambridge Intelligence. If it’s something your organization is keen to get involved in, contact us.
- Who should attend the meetings?
We want a variety of industries and visualization use cases to take part, including law enforcement, intelligence, anti-fraud, cybersecurity, IT and telecommunications network management, supply chain management and more.
The meetings will be technical but not software code-heavy. We want to stay focused on end user needs and designs of high-level functionality.
- What’s on the agenda?
A few weeks before the meeting, we’ll send you a quick survey to understand which topics you’d find most useful. We use this feedback to create a unique agenda for each meeting. The general topics covered include:
- Managing multiple data sources
- Creating effective user workflows
- New approaches to connected data visualization
- Designing an outstanding user experience
There’ll also be member presentations and time for informal networking.
Have questions for us? Get in touch.
Connected Data Visualization Consortium
6-8 Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 1JP
+44 (0)1223 362 000