Welcome to CDVC 2021
Join us, and other data visualization practitioners, for the first CDVC meetings of 2021!
Select the session that’s best for your timezone.
Agenda for Wednesday 21 April
|07.45||08.45||09.45||Join early to say hello|
|08.00||09.00||10.00||Welcome & intro|
|08.30||09.30||10.30||Graph vis: product updates & roadmap|
|09.30||10.30||11.30||Timelines: product updates & roadmap|
|10.05||11.05||12.05||Feature requests & Friday Project gallery|
|10.30||11.30||12.30||Visualization tips & tricks|
Agenda for Thursday 22 April
|10.45||09.45||07.45||Join early to say hello|
|11.00||10.00||08.00||Welcome & intro|
|11.30||10.30||08.30||Graph vis: product updates & roadmap|
|12.30||11.30||09.30||Timelines: product updates & roadmap|
|13.05||12.05||10.05||Feature requests & Friday Project gallery|
|13.30||12.30||10.30||Visualization tips & tricks|
Maximize your data visualization ROI
The Connected Data Visualization Consortium (CDVC) is a group of organizations that use Cambridge Intelligence’s innovative data visualization tools to make sense of complex connected data.
We usually hold two or three meetings a year. They’re a great opportunity to:
- Discover ways to maximize your data visualization ROI
- Meet other data visualization practitioners
- Get inspired and discuss the future of data visualization tools
- Meet the Cambridge Intelligence team
- Steer our product roadmap
CDVC members come from all kinds of businesses and organizations, from tech startups to national governments. Some of the key challenges we tackle include:
- Investigating criminal activity
- Uncovering unusual financial transactions
- Managing and protecting physical infrastructure
- Identifying and stopping cybersecurity threats
Our previous meetings
We’re proud to welcome members from organizations including…
About the virtual CDVC
What to expect from a CDVC meeting
We aim to make CDVC meetings as useful, insightful and interactive as possible.
The meetings are your chance to interact with the Cambridge Intelligence team and other data visualization practitioners from all over the world.
You’ll have a chance to give feedback on our latest product news and roadmap, and join the conversation. There’ll also be lightning talks from members, sharing their data visualization and analysis experiences.
How will the sessions work?
We’ll use a couple of tools you’re probably familiar with: Zoom and Slack.
Zoom will be where the sessions happen. You can ask questions to the presenters throughout using the Q&A feature. Slack is where you’ll go for discussions and conversation, with us and your fellow CDVC members.
To register, select the best session for your timezone and complete the form.
You’ll get a confirmation email from Zoom. It will also include an invite to join the Slack community.
What happens after the sessions?
We’d love to continue the conversation after the virtual meeting.
We’ll keep the Slack channel open for as long as it’s helpful to the community.
If there’s an appetite for it, we’re also considering some deep-dive sessions into specific topics in the weeks following CDVC.
We’ll share a poll at the meetings so you can select the follow-up topics that interest you most.
Topics and themes
Our members push the boundaries of connected data visualization and visual timeline analytics. We can pool expertise and experience to make advances in key areas:
Designing experiences to help users make visual analtsis part of their daily routine.
- Design effective workflows
- Facilitate collaboration
- Get user uptake
- Encourage interactivity
How to make the right data available, to the right people, at the right time.
- Sources of graph data
- Data federation and enrichment
- Managing hairball data sets
- Reducing chart clutter
What will the next generation of connected data visualization applications look like?
- Share experience and best practice
- Explore the limitations of visualization
- Understand the state of data visualization
- Create a vision of the future
Frequently asked questions
- What is the CDVC?
- The CDVC is a group of organizations that lead the way in connected data visualization. We work together to shape the future of connected data visualization and influence the next generation of tools.
- Why should I Join?
- As a group, we explore ways to help you maximize your return on investment in connected data visualization technology. It’s an opportunity for you to share your expertise, and learn something new from your peers.
- Is CDVC free to join?
- Yes. CDVC membership is free, but by invitation only. Members are welcome to attend CDVC meetings and training sessions free of charge.
- Who co-ordinates CDVC?
- CDVC is co-ordinated by Cambridge Intelligence, creators of the KeyLines and ReGraph graph visualization toolkits and KronoGraph timeline visualization toolkit.
- Is the event open to the public?
- No, the CDVC is exclusively for organizations invited by Cambridge Intelligence. If it’s something your organization is keen to get involved in, contact us.
- Who should attend the meetings?
We welcome members from a variety of industries and visualization use cases, including law enforcement, intelligence, anti-fraud, cybersecurity, IT and telecommunications network management, supply chain management and more.
The meetings are not code heavy. We focus instead on the end user experience and data visualization design and functionality.
- What’s on the agenda?
- It changes every time, depending on what our members want to discuss. Previous topics covered include:
- Managing multiple data sources
- Creating effective user workflows
- New approaches to connected data visualization
- Designing an outstanding user experience
We also always include some member-led presentations and time for discussion and questions.
Have questions for us? Get in touch.
Connected Data Visualization Consortium
6-8 Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 1JP
+44 (0)1223 362 000