Virtual CDVC 2020
Thanks to everyone who joined us at the vCDVC 2020!
Don’t forget to keep the conversation going on Slack. See you in 2021!
Maximize your data visualization ROI
The Connected Data Visualization Consortium (CDVC) is a group of organizations that use Cambridge Intelligence’s innovative data visualization tools to make sense of complex connected data.
We usually hold two or three meetings a year in cities across the world.
Our meetings are a great opportunity to:
- Discover ways to maximize your data visualization ROI
- Meet other data visualization practitioners
- Get inspired and discuss the future of data visualization tools
- Meet the Cambridge Intelligence team
- Steer our product roadmap
CDVC members come from all kinds of businesses and organizations, from tech startups to national governments. Some of the key challenges we tackle include:
- Investigating criminal activity
- Uncovering unusual financial transactions
- Managing and protecting physical infrastructure
- Identifying and stopping cybersecurity threats
Our previous meetings
We’re proud to welcome members from organizations including…
Topics and themes
Our members push the boundaries of connected data visualization. We can pool expertise and experience to make advances in key areas:
Designing experiences to help users make visualization part of their daily routine.
- Design effective workflows
- Facilitate collaboration
- Get user uptake
- Encourage interactivity
How to make the right data available, to the right people, at the right time.
- Sources of graph data
- Data federation and enrichment
- Managing hairball data sets
- Reducing chart clutter
What will the next generation of connected data visualization applications look like?
- Share experience and best practice
- Explore the limitations of visualization
- Understand the state of data visualization
- Create a vision of the future
Frequently asked questions
- What is the CDVC?
- The CDVC is a group of organizations that lead the way in connected data visualization. We work together to shape the future of connected data visualization and influence the next generation of tools.
- Why should I Join?
- As a group, we explore ways to help you maximize your return on investment in connected data visualization technology. It’s an opportunity for you to share your expertise, and learn something new from your peers.
- Is CDVC free to join?
- Yes. CDVC membership is free, but by invitation only. Members are welcome to attend CDVC meetings and training sessions free of charge.
- Who co-ordinates CDVC?
- CDVC is co-ordinated by Cambridge Intelligence, creators of the KeyLines and ReGraph graph visualization toolkits.
- Is the event open to the public?
- No, the CDVC is exclusively for organizations invited by Cambridge Intelligence. If it’s something your organization is keen to get involved in, contact us.
- Who should attend the meetings?
We welcome members from a variety of industries and visualization use cases, including law enforcement, intelligence, anti-fraud, cybersecurity, IT and telecommunications network management, supply chain management and more.
The meetings are not code heavy. We focus instead on the end user experience and data visualization design and functionality.
- What’s on the agenda?
- It changes every time, depending on what our members want to discuss. Previous topics covered include:
- Managing multiple data sources
- Creating effective user workflows
- New approaches to connected data visualization
- Designing an outstanding user experience
We also always include some member-led presentations and time for discussion and questions.
Have questions for us? Get in touch.
Connected Data Visualization Consortium
6-8 Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 1JP
+44 (0)1223 362 000