Thanks to everyone who joined our 2023 meetings!
Check back later in the year for details of our next sessions
Maximize your data visualization ROI
The Connected Data Visualization Consortium (CDVC) is a group of organizations that use Cambridge Intelligence’s innovative data visualization tools to make sense of complex connected data.
We usually hold meetings once a year. They’re a great opportunity to:
- Discover ways to maximize your data visualization ROI
- Meet other data visualization practitioners
- Get inspired and discuss the future of data visualization tools
- Meet the Cambridge Intelligence team
- Steer our product roadmap
CDVC members come from all kinds of businesses and organizations, from tech startups to national governments. Some of the key challenges we tackle include:
- Investigating criminal activity
- Uncovering unusual financial transactions
- Managing and protecting physical infrastructure
- Identifying and stopping cybersecurity threats
Our previous meetings
We’re proud to welcome members from organizations including…
About the virtual CDVC
What to expect from a CDVC meeting
We aim to make CDVC meetings as useful, insightful and interactive as possible.
The meetings are your chance to interact with the Cambridge Intelligence team and other data visualization practitioners from all over the world.
You’ll have a chance to give feedback on our latest product news and roadmap, and join the conversation. There’ll also be lightning talks from members, sharing their data visualization and analysis experiences.
How will the sessions work?
We’ll run the sessions using Zoom. Let us know in advance if this is going to be a problem for you.
You can ask questions to the presenters throughout using the Q&A and chat features.
To register, select the best session for your timezone and complete the form.
What happens after the sessions?
We’d love to continue the conversation after the meeting.
Everyone who registers receives a recording of the CDVC sessions, although some members prefer us not to share their individual session videos – so do attend to ensure you get the best experience!
Topics and themes
Our members push the boundaries of connected data visualization and visual timeline analytics. We can pool expertise and experience to make advances in key areas:
Designing experiences to help users make visual analysis part of their daily routine.
- Design effective workflows
- Facilitate collaboration
- Get user uptake
- Encourage interactivity
How to make the right data available, to the right people, at the right time.
- Sources of graph data
- Data federation and enrichment
- Managing hairball data sets
- Reducing chart clutter
What will the next generation of connected data visualization applications look like?
- Share experience and best practice
- Explore the limitations of visualization
- Understand the state of data visualization
- Create a vision of the future
Frequently asked questions
- What is CDVC?
- The CDVC is a group of organizations that lead the way in connected data visualization. We work together to shape the future of connected data visualization and influence the next generation of tools.
- Why should I Join?
- As a group, we explore ways to help you maximize your return on investment in connected data visualization technology. It’s an opportunity for you to share your expertise, and learn something new from your peers.
- Is CDVC free to join?
- Yes. CDVC membership is free, but by invitation only. Members are welcome to attend CDVC meetings and training sessions free of charge.
- Who co-ordinates CDVC?
- CDVC is co-ordinated by Cambridge Intelligence, creators of the KeyLines and ReGraph graph visualization toolkits and KronoGraph timeline visualization toolkit.
- Is the event open to the public?
- No, the CDVC is exclusively for organizations invited by Cambridge Intelligence. If it’s something your organization is keen to get involved in, contact us.
- Who should attend the meetings?
- We welcome members from a variety of industries and visualization use cases, including law enforcement, intelligence, anti-fraud, cybersecurity, IT and telecommunications network management, supply chain management and more.
The meetings are not code heavy. We focus instead on the end-user experience and data visualization design and functionality.
If you’re a coder, you might also want to join our technical training. These are 4-hour long sessions, run as a hackathon and led by a Cambridge Intelligence developer, with additional staff on-hand to answer questions and give advice.
- What’s on the agenda?
- It changes every time, depending on what our members want to discuss. Previous topics covered include:
- Managing multiple data sources
- Creating effective user workflows
- New approaches to connected data visualization
- Designing an outstanding user experience
We also always include some member-led presentations and time for discussion and questions.
Have questions for us? Want to register your interest in the next CDVC? Get in touch.
Connected Data Visualization Consortium
6-8 Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 1JP
+44 (0)1223 362 000